Monday 28 February 2011

Lori Nix

Considered a 'non-traditional' photographer as she constructs her subject matter, rather than finds it. These photographs depict our failing future and the demise of humanity but also with a sense of The Sublime, as she highlights these environments in positive lighting. Her focus is on danger and disaster with a sense of humour. 

I feel very engaged to these photographs as I do feel that humanity is destroying the planet and I find it refreshing to see that our presence can fade and Mother Nature can take over as you can see in the 'The City' series below. I love this idea of time having an impact on ourselves and our environments, the sense of impermanence is an appealing subject that I hope to investigate in this project. 





No comments:

Post a Comment